Monday, January 26, 2009

Finally wore 'em



I ordered these boots well over a month or two ago after receiving a gift card for DSW from a friend. So you would think I'd have worn them to death by now, right? Heck no. Why? I think it's because I've sunk back into that funk of mine as far as appearance goes, and only when I go to work. I mean, I wore the boots to Pete's dinner and party last night, and dressed up a bit, but come Monday I'll have a hard time convincing myself I should wear them to work. I got lots of compliments on them, but I'm not sure that will be enough for me to bring them back out again.

I wish I could work up the will to wear these lovelies, as well as all the other pretty stuff in my closet, but I've retreated into a pattern of comfort and minimal effort. I think it's partly because I'm more and more (and more) unhappy at work and don't feel like making the effort, but also because I've slid quite a bit in my fitness routine during the last few months. Essentially I have NO fitness routine since becoming sick back in December, when I was in the height of health, working out, and feeling better about myself.

It's been hard to get back into that grove, and I'm wondering what will give me that push back onto the treadmill, even if to just walk a little. Perhaps warmer weather, or just the itch to get back into a healthy routine. Whatever it may be, I know I'll be back at that point soon, because it's been on my mind a lot lately and my clothes have become rather ill fitting. If that's not a motivating factor, I don't know what is.

4 comments:

Joana said...

I exactly know what you mean saying 'not putting enough effort' I feel that way too, but actually I am in worse situation as I gained many kilos for last year and today I stared the diet... Anyway you look great (I have seen the pics of the honeymoon!)and I like the color of shoes! Really this rich honey-brown ... AND you know what: buy insoles, mine are compeed's and they work! I dont feel the pain!;-) but still I have to learn how to wear high heels...

Unknown said...

i am also in a very deep hole after the accident. i understand. maybe just do it whether you feel like it or not and then maybe the rest will follow...

Char said...

I sunk low enough to wear sweats to the grocery yesterday so I understand the unhappiness and clothes thing. Beautiful boots deserve outings as often as they can...and don't wait for spring and you're sad because you didn't wear them enough.

drollgirl said...

i hear ya. i hate when my pants and underwear are tight, and that is what is happening RIGHT NOW! you'll get back into the swing of things. sometimes it is hard to get over the holiday hump, especially when it is so frigging cold out.

and those boots are cute!