Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to the drawing board


(Ha ha, no, not THIS drawing board...)

I've been doubly blessed during the last few weeks. First, I got a new assignment from a good client of mine to illustrate/design a new game. Then, I was contacted out of the blue to do a children's book, which is something I've always wanted to do and is a profession I'd like to sort of slide into this year. I figure I'm probably going to be forced to make a career move sooner rather than later anyhow (it's pretty grim at my current job, if you haven't heard me gripe about it before). So to start off the new year with two jobs is just the best feeling in the world. I'm so grateful that I have been granted the opportunity to pick up my pen again (whether a real pen or a computer drawing tablet pen) and play with those images floating around in my imagination. I can only hope that I do the best job possible and start paving my way toward a happier and MUCH more creative future.

It's good to have a career-related reason to smile. It seems like it's been forever for me. I suppose I should stop blogging and get to work, eh?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Let me be the first to congratulate you here!

I'm so thrilled to hear this news Chris. I know how rough it's been at work for you lately, and you truly deserve to love your work. you're so talented and I'm so happy that others are recognizing it!

Unknown said...

OMG How fantastic!!! Congrats and good luck!

ELK said...

imagination
put
to
work
is
indeed
good
go
for
it!
ELK

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's awesome :)

Char said...

congratulations!!! one of my favorite children's artists is Cooper Edens - have you even seen his stuff? very dreamy.

I wish I had your talent - I alway wanted to do that, but I can't draw well.

dee said...

Congratulations, Chris! That is amazing. I'm so happy for you:)

avant garde design said...

hey! way to go! now turn all of that negative work at your current job into positive energy you'll need and draw from, literally, to accomplish your goal of actually doing what you enjoy, what moves you. can't wait to see. so happy for ya!

suzanne cabrera said...

Congratulations...what an amazing way to start the year.

Jekisa Jean said...

congratulations, Chris!!

i am so happy for you!

you are SO talented,
and while I know that it doesn't take someone paying you to be assured of that...

sometimes it just done feels GOOD :)

boo YAH!!!
praise God !

You are wonderful!

georgia b. said...

yay. i'm so happy that you have that to counteract everything else going on you know where. :(

you deserve it!