Thursday, January 22, 2009

They might as well rot out of my head


A winning combination for your pearly whites

I know it's bad to drink a Coke after you have just had your teeth cleaned at the dentist, but I couldn't help myself yesterday. Good God, I was starving because I hadn't eaten all afternoon, and my stomach was rumbling while I was in the dentist's chair, which was embarrassing. Luckily, I had a can of Coke in my car that I had brought along for Pete to drink, who also hadn't eaten all day. I thought he'd have the Coke with some food I brought for him before our joint dental appointments. But he didn't drink it, and when I got back into my car to drive home, I couldn't resist the siren call of the sugary syrup. When I started chugging the Coke, I don't think my gums had fully stopped bleeding from the heavy-handed flossing by the hygeinist, but I didn't care. I have two caveties that have to be filled next week anyhow, so a little Coke won't make a big difference, right? At least it quieted the angry protests from my empty stomach on the way home...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

its a toothbrush and its freaking me out! : )