Tuesday, July 29, 2008

There's always trouble





Our troublesome furry children...

I tell everyone that at my house, someone furry is ALWAYS in trouble. Every day. Seriously. There isn’t a day that goes by that someone doesn’t do SOMETHING wrong and gets yelled at (mainly by me) or reprimanded or sent to their cage. The only two that ever behave are our fish, and that’s mainly because they’re stuck in an aquarium. One fish, Scrappy, HAS swallowed a rock (TWICE!) and has been near death, so that wasn’t so fun. But it’s mainly the cats and dogs that like to run amok and wreak havoc.

These things (below) have all happened in the last few months:

Someone has…
  • pooped on the floor near my closet full of clean clothes
  • scooted their ass across the bedroom floor
  • run away and found a new family
  • vomited in my car, especially in the cracks of the seats
  • licked clean a Filet O’ Fish box while hiding under the desk upstairs
  • tore up our vintage bedspread and rolled around in the sheets
  • dug around in the garbage and tore up the toilet paper in it
  • ate off our plates or drank out of our glasses
  • picked fights with each other
  • chewed up my shoes or Pete’s shoes
  • stolen someone’s food, sometimes while they were eating it
  • destroyed the remote and the cordless phone
  • fake-attacked the neighborhood dogs and scared people
  • peed on the floor in the living room
  • knocked all our laundry over in the basement
  • walked all over my laptop keyboard and sent letters I was in the middle of writing
  • laid on the counters and got hair all over the place
  • rammed a water bottle in my face while I was drinking out of it
  • tried to steal/play with/eat a cherry that I was taking pictures of
  • used the dining room sub floor as a giant litter box (yuck!)
  • got into scrapes with the neighbor’s giant cat, Boris the Russian
  • knocked all sorts of boxes, paperwork, desk supplies, etc. over and onto the floor
And I can go on and on. But you know what? I love them all to death, and it just wouldn’t be a home without them. We have our own little family unit, and we get to snuggle together and go on car rides and eat ice cream and the like—yeah, the cats AND dogs like ice cream. You have to see the humor in these situations, or you’ll go mad and run screaming from your own home.

They’re our furry children :)

2 comments:

Jekisa Jean said...

i have so enjoyed all your pictures and stories and links and PETS especially!

some day you should post some of your children's illustrations, waddaya say???? :)

please please please :)
if they are 1/2 as good as the photos you take and sweet things you say about people in your life,
then i think you are on a good track :)

rah rah!!!

Chris said...

Wow, thank you so much. It means a lot to me to hear such things. Thanks for stopping by and enjoying my blog :)

Yeah, I'll definitely have to post some illustrations someday. I just finished a wild west game, but with the wedding consuming 99% of my life, I've had no free time! But yes, definitely, I'll be posting stuff in the future. Thanks for asking!

BTW, I've been reading your blog all along, too. It's pretty cool and I love the stories you tell. Don't stop! :)