Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quit Your Day Job: kittycrossbones



I was perusing Etsy this morning, and I stumbled upon this article about quitting your day job and doing what you love. See how happy this woman looks? She's positively glowing.

If ever there was a moment in my life when I should take that scary (but overdue) leap, it's now. With my job slowly being phased out and gas prices rising, now more than ever is the perfect time to work from home. And I've got so many creative ideas bouncing around in my head, not to mention my current freelance work to back me up, that I have no excuse anymore. I swear, after we get back from our honeymoon, I'm stepping it up 110% and getting the show on the road. Life is too short to be unhappy every day with your career, when there are so many opportunities out there. I'm not saying I'll succeed beyond my wildest dreams and make millions. But I do know that I'm slowly withering spiritually and creatively as I start yet another dreary, boring, and coorporate-flavored day at my current full-time job.

Time to move on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL thanks for posting this! I'm kittycrossbones -- the woman glowing in the picture! LOL.

Quitting your job takes a lot of dedication but its better than any 9-5!!

Chris said...

Hey, how are you? Thanks for leaving a comment! It's cool to actually hear from the person I blogged about from afar :)

Thanks for the reminder. I think I'm on the verge of doing the same thing you did, so the motivation (and the inspiration) is definitely there. Good luck to you, too!

Anonymous said...

:) No problem,... Sorry I didn't write back earlier.. I was just doing another google search and found this again lol.

How is the quest to become a full-time DIY'er?

Chris said...

No worries. That's funny that you found it again :)

The quest is extremely slow and frustrating. I've just started trying to break out into my own thing, but I won't be leaving my day job anytime soon. Was it fairly easy for you? Has Etsy been good to you? I've always wanted a shop there.

How are things now?