Monday, July 21, 2008

Chattering brain



Wow, I'm actually feeling a bit uninspired today, which is unusual for me. I normally have to stop myself from adding too many posts to one day. So, I think I'll talk about my chattering brain. 

I don't know too many people who experience this, so maybe it's something unique to my physical make up. But it's really odd, and I feel like I need to share. Normally when I wake up I'm rather groggy and not thinking very clearly. At 4:15 in the morning, who is? But after about 10–15 minutes something really weird starts to happen. My brain starts playing really annoying, peppy, energetic songs that I can't seem to get out of my head. Songs like REM's "Shiny, Happy People," Tony Orlando and Dawn's "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Around the Old Oak Tree," or any of the FreeCreditReport.com songs (although my brain seems to favor the rap version, where the guys are shown driving the beater car). 

And whatever song is chosen will be played over, and over, and over, and over.... The song plays while I'm showering, it plays while I'm feeding the animals, it plays while I'm getting dressed, and it even plays while I'm driving to work. Then the song abruptly stops playing after I've been awake about an hour or so. I suppose at that point it's done its job because I'm fully alert and functioning, as well as pissed off, because I've been listening to stuff like "Safety Dance" or "Who Let the Dogs Out?" 5,000 times.

(Photos courtesy of mediocracy blog, tvbuys.com, and superseventies.com)

No comments: