Friday, July 4, 2008

Late night photography hunt




I've been on the Internet most of the night looking up photography websites, blogs, and some really neat cameras like the Kodak Duaflex. I just bought the one pictured above so that I can experiment more with my photography techniques and equipment. I was also looking at Lensbabies, which I've heard nothing but good things about, but it's not in the budget right now. And I'm also wondering if I should hang on to my Minolta Maxxum 5 film camera. I bought it a few years before I got my beloved Kodak V550 and Sony Alpha 100 cameras, so I'd hate to just get rid of it, but I barely use it.

I was practically humming at work today with creative thoughts, to the point where I couldn't concentrate on my work, but that happens every day anyhow. But now I'm definitely winding down and ready to recharge. I seem to have misplaced my glasses, so I can't see the screen too well. Besides that I'm beat, so it's off to bed for me and my snoozing fiance Pete, who's passed out on the couch right now like he is every night.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to work some more on my freelance project that's almost due, clean and organize the house a bit, and play in the backyard with my camera. The pictures I've been taking lately are becoming more and more satisfying to me, but I still feel like I have a long way to go. If I can tolerate the mosquitos clouding around my head outside, I should be able to get a lot of good shots in. And maybe some fireworks tonight? I have yet to take even a mediocre picture of fireworks, but I'll keep trying. I have to dig out my bulb release from the basement first.

No comments: