Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday shopping





Georgia and I met up in downtown Barrington and went shopping at the sidewalk sale going on there. At the first store, Vintage Faire, I found this sparkly amber beaded lamp, which I plan to hang over my bed. Georgia found a lovely necklace that was handcrafted by a local artisan. Then, at the Estate Jewelry Store, I scored some unique vintage jewelry like this pretty spiral bracelet, and Georgia found some beautiful rings and necklaces. 

We had to depart rather quickly because Georgia had to be downtown to meet her sister Angela, and I had to go to my second wedding gown fitting. Let me just say that my dress is stunningly beautiful, and I can't wait 'til next Saturday. Anyhow, then I headed to Whole Foods to grab some lunch, and I saw these cheeky pink Gerbera daisies just begging me to purchase them. Since these are the flowers I'm using in my wedding, I couldn't resist. They're sitting on my doorstep right now with my other happy flowers.

2 comments:

georgia b. said...

oh, wow, those flowers are gorgeous! Saturday was a lot of fun! I only wish we could have hung out more. But I'm glad I got to spend Friday night and Sat. morn with you—on your last weekend of freedom.
:)

Chris said...

Yeah, they ARE pretty, aren't they? They're my wedding flowers :)

It was so fun hanging out with you! I love shopping with you and having our little adventures. We always find such unique things, too!