Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Here we go again



The little stinker got out again—TWICE. Max ran out the door when Pete was letting the dogs out after work, but Pete ended up catching him in a neighbor's yard a few minutes later. Then we stepped next door for about 20 minutes, and when I went back in the house, the screen on the living room window was popped open and Max was gone. We looked all over the place, but no such luck. I heard a catfight in the backyard around 10:30 last night, so it could have been Max and that huge gray Russian cat Boris (I think he looks Russian and like a Boris), but I'm not sure. Last week Dollie snuck out and got into it with Boris, then hid under our back porch until Pete found her and brought her inside.

Izzy is going to keep an eye out for Max today while she's home. I hope he shows up tonight.



UPDATE: Found him. He was laying in the courtyard area behind the spare room, just where I saw him the last time he ran away. He seems a bit tired/weak/bummed, so hopefully he's just hungry and thirsty and nothing more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Mad Max microchipped? Since you got him from a shelter, he probably is (my new girl, Bella, is). But given his penchant for escaping at every opportunity, it would probably be a good idea.

He's adorable, though! Since he likes to go out, do you think he'd walk on a harness? That way you could take him outside but would have some control over him. :)

Chris said...

Yeah, he is microchipped, thank God. But I still worry about him. I think this last escapade made him realize how good he's got it. He's been very quiet and a bit down since he got out, so I think he's glad to be home for a while.

I could TRY a harness. I tried it on Ginger once but that was a recipe for disaster!