Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Inspiration boards


I think I'd like to jazz up my rather blah looking inspiration board. Right now it's a large cork board that's just resting against the wall behind my laptop. I was thinking of getting a vintage frame that's the same size and framing the board, so I can hang it like a work of art. And if you think about it, an inspiration board IS a work of art, in a way. It's a visual representation of what's going on inside your head, which in itself is such a fabulous concept. And the beauty of it is that it's always transforming and growing in one way or another, like a living work of art.

I found several examples of other people's inspiration boards online, which have given me some good ideas. Some boards are downright neat, while others are fairly cluttered and chaotic. I would have to say that my inspiration board is somewhere in between. I don't just hang stuff that's related to what I'm drawing or designing or taking pictures of. Often I hang up photos of my pets, or I clip out pictures of clothes/shoes/jewelry, or I even hang up 3D objects like flowers. I find that if I look at such things while I'm working, then my creative juices start flowing and I get excited about what I'm doing. And my inspiration board will blend into our living room decor much better once I frame it. That way my work area doesn't look so much like...a work area.

3 comments:

marta said...

lovely. think it's mighty good to put what you are inspired by right in front of you. beautiful.

Chris said...

Me too :)

Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.