This has been a momentous year for me, including:
- The death of a beloved uncle, Chuck
- The beginning of my life as a blogger
- My wonderful marriage to a wonderful man, Pete
- A fabulous honeymoon in Hawaii
- The struggles with my health (especially in the last few months)
- The birth of a beautiful niece, Jane
- The slow deterioration of my job
And many little good, everyday things have occurred, to be sure. Despite any negativity I've experienced this year, I still feel very, very blessed to be here, alive, loved, fairly healthy, learning, hopefully teaching and inspiring (and being taught and inspired as well), and exploring who I am, where I've been, and where I'd like to be. Yes, there have been economic hardships this year, but I still have a job, Pete still has a job, we have a roof over our heads, we can pay our bills, and I'm still able to splurge every now and then on shoes.
I'm thankful for all I have and all that I've experienced. I'm especially thankful for meeting all of my fellow bloggers and learning so much from you all. So here's to a happy, healthy, wealthy, and loving 2009!