Saturday, December 20, 2008

"It's a Wonderful Life" at Hollywood Blvd



Tonight Pete, Matt, Shannon, and I are going to the Hollywood Blvd movie theatre to see "It's a Wonderful Life."



Karolyn Grimes (a.k.a. "Zuzu") will be there greeting moviegoers and signing autographs.



Per the Hollywood Blvd website:

Karolyn Grimes stops by every holiday season to share her memories of the making of "It's a Wonderful Life" before we present the Christmas classic on our big screens. She played Jimmy Stewart's daughter "ZuZu" and uttered the timeless words "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings".



Hollywood Blvd is awesome because you can have a meal and drinks while you watch the show. And at $8 a person, it's an inexpensive way to have a nice evening out.




I don't know that I've ever seen the whole movie in its entirety. I can't wait to go see Karolyn Grimes and get her autograph—I'm buying a copy of "It's a Wonderful Life" for this purpose. And it'll be fun hanging out with Matt and Shannon on such a snowy Saturday night. I hope I can snap a few pix of "Zuzu" and share them with you all. And if we're really lucky, Pete will run through the lobby doing his eerily accurate and hilarious Jimmy Stewart impression...


(Pete running toward McDonald's last week during a snowstorm)

"Merry Christmas, Bedford Falls!"

3 comments:

Angela H. said...

fun. that sounds like a awesome time! i just love that movie. and it sounds like such a fun way to hang out with your bro and his girl!

i wish i could do something like that!

i mean, i'm going with my bro to the Messiah now, but i wish Brac was with us and Nate had a girl. it would be more fun that way! :)

have fun!

Angela H. said...

oops, you already went yesterday.
and, this is G., by the way. i'm signed in on Ang's computer.
:)

dee said...

I just love It's a Wonderful Life! I swear it is based on Bedford HILLS, which is just a town away from mine. Or, at least that's what we decided upon, growing up.