Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm so tired...


{Dollie, dreaming of catnip and playing in my closet...}


{Huh?}

...but I have slept a wink. Many, many winks in the last few days. Doesn't seem to be helping though.

These pictures of Dollie sum up how I feel today, and how I've felt this weekend in general (although Dollie is normally the most energetic creature in this house). It's so cold and dreary outside that all I want to do is sleep, read, watch tv, each chocolate, and drink lots and lots of hot chamomile tea. I had to go to Target today to get some supplies, and it was like pulling teeth just to get me to get in the car and go. I froze my butt off out there and had trouble remembering what I needed to get, and even that Starbucks soy green tea latte didn't give me much of a boost. I did peruse the shoes, but only half-heartedly, and I didn't linger long to examine the latest skirts and shirts on display, either.

I must say I rarely get weekends like these where nothing major is going on. But this weekend, however, I have had the luxury—yes, luxury—of puttering around my house, cleaning and doing laundry and such, being cozy with the animals and Pete, and simply doing a little hibernating, just in time for winter. And since I've been feeling under the weather for the last several days, due to some nasty canker sores that have wreaked havoc on my immune system, it's been nice to just rest and relax to let my body catch up. I know, yuck, canker sores, but I'm prone to them and they're not fun, and I ain't gonna pretend I'm feeling all sunshine-y and happy. They like to mess with my Hooveritis, too, which flares up whenever I get them (which is frequently), so it's a double health downer for me when that happens.

Well, my weird medical maladies aside, I hope you've had a relaxing and cozy weekend. Or perhaps you were wild and crazy or got lots done. More power to ya! Don't mind me, I'm just going to get back onto that nice warm spot on the couch that I've created and throw a few snuggly blankets over me. See ya Monday...zzz...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww sorry pal about the canker sores. I wish I had a remedy for them! Did you have to work yesterday? Thanks for the help!!!

Unknown said...

aaah my friend... tell Pete I ask him to pretty please rub your back and stroke your hair so that you will feel a little better : )