Tuesday, November 25, 2008

For your amusement: The Circus Bear




Once again like clockwork, I'm feeling run down and am hitting the hay early tonight (Monday) after a few crunches. I had glorious plans to walk on the treadmill and blog for a few hours, but a) we got home at almost 8, and b) I feel the beginning of a crappy health phase starting up again, so I'm going to take it easy. I think I caught some germs this weekend while I was merrily shopping up a storm. That's my theory anyhow. I feel great all weekend and spend the time touching dirty handles, surfaces, and doors, as well as coming into contact with the sniffling and sneezing populace. Then by Sunday night I feel run down, and I spend Monday feeling like crud (like today). So I'm going to try to head that off at the pass if I can.

Anyhow, here's a few pix of Adora doing her "Circus Bear" pose. Pete and I aren't sure why she does this, but she inherited it from her mama Idgy. Of course it's a submissive position, but she tends to do it at random moments. Like we'll be talking and Adora will gently paw us, and if we turn to look at her, she raises her paws up and assumes the position, then falls backward onto the couch, frozen in place. Sometimes she mixes it up and will raise one paw repeatedly in a Nazi-like salute (which we call the "Heil Hitler!"), and other times she falls completely onto her back, where she twitches and shakes in a "Spastic Beetle"-like pose.

Oh, and here's one of Adora in a diaper (eating Spanky's food while he lays in his cage, which she does often). She's in heat and it's a major pain when she is. I had to chase her down in the driveway on Sunday and tackle her with a diaper that she was trying to get away from. When we got Adora from Pete's sister Cathy, she wasn't fixed, and with the wedding and all it kept getting away from us. This is the last time we're going through this. We'll be sending her to the vet after the holidays, that's for sure. But she sure looks cute in a doggy diaper, eh?



Anyhow, just thought I'd share. I'm off to crunches and bed. I'd like to wear a dress/skirt and heels tomorrow (Tuesday), so I need my rest. It takes more energy for me to pull off such looks compared to just jeans, flats, and a top. I'll post the pix from Monday's outfit later today. Boy, I hate missing catching up on blogs and such...

Ugh, I wish my immune system would get a clue and fight some germs!

2 comments:

georgia b. said...

Hilarious! She actually DOES look like a circus dog.

And the diaper shot? Priceless.

I hope your four days off are great and that you do not feel run down for any of them. I hope that for me, too.
:(

Chris said...

Thanks! You too :) I'm dragging right now and I gotta go cook, but I'm hoping that's as bad as it gets for me.

Stay healthy and well rested, and maybe I'll see you Friday! :)