And here we go again! I was tagged by Candi of Dolce Chic (thanks Candi!) to tell you all five reasons why I love my home state of Illinois so much. I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of Illinois, but I thought I could come up with at least five. Here goes!
(I've posted random pix of downtown Chicago from my bachelorette party, to go with this post.)1) Chicago
2) The countryside, including the Mississippi River area, the beautiful prairie, and the stretches of golden farmland
3) The central location to everything. East, west, north, south—it's all a day's drive away!
4) The culture, including restaurants, theater, museums, shops, artists, musicians, festivals...you name it, we've got it, and not just in Chicago either!
(Yes, that's me holding a nightie on the streets of downtown Chicago.)
5) The seasons. Sure, summer can be sticky and sweltering, and winter can be frigid and chock full of snow. But most of the time the weather is pretty nice, and I love the distinctive seasons around here. I think I would miss that in Hawaii if I lived there, as lovely as it was during our honeymoon.
So there you have it. Five reasons why I love Illinois. Now I'm going to tag five other bloggers so we can hear all about THEIR states! And they are:
1. Georgia from It's Just How I See Things (Yes, you live in Illinois too, but I want to hear YOUR perspective!)
2. Claire from my life in a picture (This may seem stupid, but I'm not sure if South Africa has states or provinces. So if not, can you tell us what you love about South Africa itself?)
3. Diana at please sir
4. Mrs. B at Mrs. B
5. Alyssa at Revamp | Boutique (See Georgia's note re: Illinois)
I'm tired from tagging now, so I'm going to go upstairs and play with my shoes...see ya!