Here's a lovely violet, for no other reason than I needed a nice photo for this post (and it's pretty to look at, isn't it?).
Anne of The City Sage has tagged me (I'm it!), so here is my contribution to this delightfully fun blogging past time, which requires me to list six details about myself. Hmmm...
1. When I leave the house for any reason, I always say a silent goodbye in my head to all the animals (and Pete, if he's at home). Don't know why, but I just do, and I feel better after I've recited this little ritual. Pete heard me doing this once and now he thinks it's cute, and sometimes joins in (like he did this morning). I think it just makes me a big dork, but whatever.
2. I often catch myself not breathing, with my mouth closed, when I'm intent on doing something. I just noticed this during the last few months, so I'm not sure if this is a new habit or not, but it's not good. I have to remind myself to keep my mouth open and breathe sometimes!
3. I'm constantly jotting down lists everywhere, from lists on Post-Its to lists on the back of used envelopes. I spend lots of time at work writing these lists, which contain everything from errands I need to get done, to ideas for my latest projects. Funny thing is, I carefully make these lists all day, but then I get home and I either lose them or forget to look at them. And then I start all over the next day with new lists.
4. I'm a rather prolific baker, and I love baking everything from cakes to pies to muffins to cookies. Lately I haven't had as much time to bake anything, and our kitchen is under construction, so I miss it quite a bit.
5. I have certain movies I can watch over and over again for no particular reason. They're not necessarily Oscar material, but for some reason I'm inexplicably drawn to them, and repeatedly, too. Some of these (many) repeat viewings have included Return To Me, Midnight Cowboy, Deliverance, Ugly Coyote, The Money Pit, Urban Cowboy, The Godfather, and A League of Their Own.
6. I collect color paper clips, binder clips, and rubber bands at work. And I don't go out and buy them, because that's not fun. Instead I try to find them or my coworkers find them and give them to me. I have quite the treasure box of office supplies that I've collected over the last several years, let me tell you.
Whew! Okay, now I'm going to tag six of my fellow bloggers, so if you're one of them, here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. List the rules.
3. Tag six fellow bloggers.
4. Leave them a comment so they know they've been tagged.
And the bloggers are:
1. Kat at anything goes
2. Mrs. Beans at Ginger the Cat
3. Amanda at Sunshine and Daisy
4. Tricia at confessions of a thrift store junkie
5. Robin at avant-garde
6. Suzanne at an open [sketch]book