Fellow blogger and scarf-maker extraordinaire Candi of Dolce Chic tagged me a few days ago (Thanks, Candi!), and I decided to finally respond with my list of "4 Things." I've decided I'm going to make a positive list and focus on all the good things in my life, because I'm tired of hearing myself whine. So I won't mention any bad stuff like my threatening cold, messy house, or crappy 9-to-5 job—oops, looks like I just did!
Anyhow, here goes:
4 Things I Did Today
1. I drove in to work with my wonderful husband Pete and chatted about our lives, goofy stuff, music (AC/DC, which I hate and he loves), and our future.
2. I hung out with my friends Jenny and Georgia at work, drew silly stick-figure notes for each other, and added a little dash of goofiness to our day.
3. I talked with my mom and caught up with what's going on in her life.
4. I played with my iPhone, blogged, and then read all of my favorite blogs (and then some).
4 Things On My To-Do List
1. I need to make that leap into the unknown world of a new career and leave my ugly corporate job behind, and not look back. I just gotta do it!
2. I am patiently waiting to cuddle with Pete and the dogs on the couch and talk about our day, as soon as Pete gets home tonight. I miss him tons, as always.
3. I really have to do some laundry around here, because the dirty clothes aren't washing themselves.
4. I need to go shopping for a few gifts, some clothes, some fun stuff, and some household items that we're currently out of, but probably not til Saturday when I'm feeling peppier.
4 Of My Guiltiest Pleasures
1. Shoes, of course. Can you tell? I don't think I talk about them enough. I love buying them, looking at them, talking about them, organizing them, wearing them...I can go on and on. No seriously, I can.
2. Taking pictures (just like Candi). I have always adored photography and never get tired of it. I wish I could just play around all day, every day, and take pictures. What a dream job that would be! And everywhere I look, I see possibilities—isn't that a lovely thing?
3. Candy, candy, candy. Steve (my older brother) calls me "Nina" after this elderly lady from our old neighborhood who was constantly giving candy away to us kids. I love candy, and I can never make myself stay away from it for too long. Oh, and ice cream is pretty darn good, too.
4. Sleep. I wish I could have made this fourth one exciting and interesting, but I honestly can't seem to get enough sleep, so it's definitely a guilty pleasure for me. There's nothing like going to bed on a Friday night after staying up late (watching episodes of The Dog Whisperer and Forensic Files, of course) and then sleeping late on a Saturday and getting up whenever I feel like it. I know that will be a thing of the past once Pete and I have a family, but I'm soooo enjoying it right now.
4 Random Facts About ME
1. I hate Oreos. Not generic cookies and cream sandwich cookies, but brand-name Oreo cookies. Don't know why, just always have.
2. I love true crime stories, whether they be books or tv shows or movies, although I prefer books. The creepier, the better! There's nothing like reading a chilling nonfiction novel in the middle of the night while hunkered under the covers, alone. I think I find them so scary because they're true, which is a much scarier thing than reading a made-up tale. A favorite author of mine in this genre is Ann Rule, but I've read scores of other books by similar authors.
3. I was once a JCPenney model—it's true! For a day, anyhow. When I was nine, my mom worked at the JCPenney outlet in Addison, and they decided to have a fashion show featuring all the new fall clothes. I was chosen to be a model, along with other children of the employees and some employees themselves. I got to model a pretty pink pleated skirt and a chunky cream sweater with rosebuds on it. And I had to walk up and down the catwalk in the middle of the mall in front of shoppers, doing the little turns and poses, which I secretly enjoyed. Best thing was, I got to keep the clothes!
4. I am a HUGE Cubs fan, always have been and always will be. I had a bad crush on Jodi Davis back in '84, and another one on Michael Barrett for the last few years, until they booted him off the team (I guess I have a thing for catchers). And of course I'm on pins and needles right now with the NLDS underway, but I'm loving it!
4 Bloggers I Am Tagging