Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dollie, come home



Our spunky and chunky little cat Dollie (the one in the banner for this blog) has run away, and I'm very sad about it. Last time I saw her was yesterday morning at 5:30 a.m., when the dogs dashed outside to chase her up into a tree. She later came down and ran off, and I haven't seen her since. She's very affectionate and friendly, so I worry someone's taken her in without checking to see who she belongs to (she's microchipped but lost her collar). And she's not an "outdoor" cat, but prefers to stay inside, except for the occasional trips out on the patio or up a nearby tree. I've been walking from open doors to open windows in the house, calling her over and over, with Max at my side, "helping" me look.



Anyhow, I hope she comes home soon. It's rainy and cold outside, and everyone seems lonely without her.

7 comments:

Anne @ The City Sage said...

Oh no Chris, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope Dollie finds her way home soon. I can't imagine how sad you must feel right now. I'll think good thoughts for her return!

Char said...

oh no...it hurts my heart to hear this. I bet she will be back soon.

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

I hope she comes home soon. Don't forget to check your local shelters/ animal control centers, also it would help if you go to the pet stores and grocery stores and put her picture up. Hope you can find her soon.

avant garde design said...

oooh, sorry to hear. maybe she just is out sewing her oats. keep us updated on her status! your other pets must miss her being around, they are their own little family now.

Teresa said...

So Sorry Chris. Hopefully she is just waiting out the rain in a dry place. Hope she will come home soon. She looks precious.

kat said...

Hope your Dollie is home by the time you read this!

Leslie said...

Love your little children...how full of life they are