Saturday, August 29, 2009

LIttle miss chef

I'm in a cooking/baking mood today, perhaps because of the recent run of cool, rainy weather. Fall-like temps make me want to cook like mad, warming up the house with rich, fragrant smells from bubbling pots and steaming pans of goodies.

Today I'm making a lovely Saturday-night special dinner for two of my favorite guys: Pete, and my dad. My dad is all by his lonesome tonight, due to my mom working and my little brother camping up north with my older brother. So I invited him over for dinner, and when I read the menu to him, he was more than happy to oblige.

Here's tonight's menu:

Smothered Pork Chops



Oven Roasted New Potatoes



Baby Peas



Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread



Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownies (yes, it's a mix, but who cares)



I'm hauling the bread machine we got for our bridal shower out of its box for the occasion (better late than never), and I figured I'd give it a whirl. (Note: all pix are from OTHER peoples' attempts to make this stuff.)

I'm off to buy some darn bread flour for the bread recipe...have a happy (and delicious) Saturday!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh, the chops and potatoes look so good!!

Char said...

this sounds fantastic - let me know how it turns out

Chris said...

The pork chops and potatoes were insanely good! I'll definitely be making both again. As for the brownies, eh. I'll do them from scratch next time or just buy Duncan Hines or something. And believe it or not, the bread turned out pretty good. So go figure!

simplesong said...

menu looks delish!